This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who took the time to apply.
Tasting Room Associate (part-time for 2021)
Beaufort is a family-run winery and Organic vineyard 10kms north of Courtenay. We’re up to some great things in the winery, and certainly in the vines, having received the first Organic vineyard certification on Vancouver Island in 2019. We make exciting, clean wines that speak to our region and to our efforts. Our team in the vineyard, winery and tasting room is small, talented, and passionate about our cool, coastal climate. We are looking forward to meeting you!
We are seeking a part-time Tasting Room Associate for our busy guest season. Our tasting room and wine store is open from April through September on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from noon until 5pm. A part-time position is offered (18-24 hours per week) and weekend availability is essential.
- Greet guests and facilitate wine tastings; inform guests of Beaufort’s farming practices,
winemaking methods and wine styles. A successful candidate will facilitate excellent guest
experiences with efficient, prompt and friendly service
- Promote Wine Club and other winery products
- General cleaning tasks and product restocking
- Operate POS
- Possible light vineyard and cellar work during quieter periods
- Ensure all safety protocols and house policies are followed (COVID, liquor service, WorkSafe etc.)
An ideal candidate will:
- Love working as part of a small, dedicated team
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to lift 40lbs
- Have an attention to detail and presentation (while being on their feet for extended periods in a
fast-paced hospitality environment)
- Have a genuine interest in regenerative farming, wine and hospitality (plus a desire to learn even
- Have successfully completed a Serving it Right certification
$18/h, plus tips and lots of wine perks
Please send a cover letter and resume to katie[at]beaufortwines.ca