We’re delighted to confirm our opening date for the 2022 tasting season: Friday April 22nd. You can use our online booking portal NOW to secure your tasting appointment.
We will be open for tastings Friday to Sunday in April and May; Thursday to Sunday in June, July and August; and back to Friday to Sunday in September (last day Sept 4th). Appointments can be booked between noon and 4.30pm on all tasting days.
There are a couple of things to note about how tastings work at Beaufort:
- We strongly suggest booking an appointment in advance as we cannot always accept walk-ins (especially during high summer).
- We do not host groups larger than 6 (to include non drinkers like designated drivers and minors). This is a house policy, and is not connected to a Provincial Health Order. We’ve established that our small tasting room team is able to offer the best possible wine tasting experience to smaller groups. If you are part of a larger group, you are welcome to book two (or more) tastings back to back, but the appointments will be offset by 15-30 minutes. We do not need to know the number of people per tasting group, just know that it cannot be more than 6.
- Please arrive on time as late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Tastings last 30-45 minutes and you are welcome to use the picnic area after your tasting. If you have a later tasting booked, you are welcome to use the picnic area before your tasting (our store and picnic area both close at 5pm).
- As in 2020 and 2021, all tastings in 2022 will be hosted outside. There is cover in the event of rain, but we recommend you wrap up warm especially during the earlier part of the season. Tastings areas are shaded in summer.
- Please note that the picnic area is entirely outside, though umbrellas provide some protection from light rain/hot sun. Feel free to bring your own picnic blanket or camping chair for the picnic area–we have lots of room but may run out of garden furniture during busier times. We can sell wine by the bottle and provide glasses (and an ice bucket if necessary). We do not serve or sell food/picnic items at Beaufort, so please bring your own goodies and pack out your trash. There is NO table service in the picnic area.
- Tastings are $10 per person but that fee is waived if the individual tasting purchases a bottle of wine. There is no tasting fee for wine club members.
- You can cancel/change your booking online (via the link in your confirmation email), up to 48 hours before your appointment start time. After that window closes, please call us at the winery to cancel your booking.
- We do not take bookings over the phone/via email or DM. You must use our website to book your tasting appointment.
- Need more info on tastings/picnics at Beaufort? Please see our FAQ page.